Cadí Moixeró Natural Park, hiking icon in Lleida
The Cadí Moixeró Natural Park is a protected treasure with the largest number of habitats, flora and fauna of European interest. It covers an area of 41,342 hectares, which makes it one of the largest parks in Catalonia along with the recently created, the Alt Pirineu Natural Park. Its two large mountains, joined by the Tancalaporta pass , form an impressive mountain barrier in the Pre-Pyrenees that runs from west to east in an area of about 30 kilometers.
Among all its peaks, the Pedraforca stands out, one of the most attractive and traditional mountains in Catalan mountaineering. This emblem of nature lovers offers a risky and beautiful place to practice climbing and is one of the icons of hiking in Catalonia. Its highest peak, Pollegó Superior, seems to touch the sky with its 2,506 meters of altitude.
The park is made up of three counties: Alt Urgell, Berguedà and Cerdanya, where you will discover villages with a rich gastronomy and heritage such as Gòsol , where the Picasso Museum is located. , or Prullans , a municipality that has managed to keep its traditional stone essence intact.
What to do?
- Walking and walking. Hiking is one of the main activities in the area, and it has different signposted routes that allow you to enjoy a large protected area accompanied by species of flora and fauna of European interest.
- Moixeró Trail Race. The Cadí-Moixeró Natural Park has its own mountain race: there are different routes, with different difficulty levels, linking iconic places of the park.
- Discover new birds. Ornithological tourism is another activity that can be done in the park as it’s home to many species. It joined as an alpine region within the Natura 2000 Network.
- Choose one of its Geological Itineraries either on foot, bike or horseback.
- Amire top rafting riders in the world at La Seu d’Urgell . This city has a tradition of more than 50 years in the organization of canoeing competitions and currently hosts world racing events.
With the family
- Looking for hidden puzzles and treasures? Pierre’s notebook is a fun educational tool for the little ones to discover the natural treasures of the park.
- Have fun with the Wolf Game -Joc del Llop-. This is an interactive and online game that is especially aimed at children between 7 and 12 years old to help them learn about the wolf and its importance within ecosystems.
Cadí Moixeró Natural Park
Calle la Vinya, 1
Tel.: 938 244 151
Fax: 938 244 312