Explore the Pyrenees of Lleida on foot
The Lleida Pyrenees is a paradise for lovers of nature, mountains and hiking. Countless hiking and high mountain routes will allow you to know this region and all its valleys and mountains. An excellent opportunity to know the places that surround this magnificent territory, where sport and nature merge in the same space.
In recent years, a whole set of initiatives have developped hiking the Pyrenees in stages, following circular itineraries of different days’ duration. There are different degrees of difficulty and different areas, what an unforgettable experience!
Routes in stages
The Terres de Lleida have a guide through which you can discover the different routes by stages. Download the complete guide here.
Near Val d´Aran
- Camin Reiau . It is a journey through the history of Val d´Aran where you will get to know the traditional trails that link the 33 villages of the area in a 150 kilometers route. Wine tasting, archaeological remains, and fairytale houses will accompany you on your tour.
- Setau Sagèth . Circular journey that begins and ends in the pretty village of Vielha. Its 103 kilometers go through lakes, valleys, forests and pastures.
- PassAran . A circular circuit to reach the heart of the Pyrenees . It is a trek of moderate difficulty that you can start from Montgarri, Maison du Valier, Eylie refuge or Pucelle car park.
Near Aigüestortes National Park
- Chariots of Fire (Carros de Foc). Mountain route is a circular route that connects the 9 mountain refuges within the National Park through 55 kilometers. It is one of the most popular and has the forfet , a pass card that will be stamped in all shelters. Go ahead and complete it!
Near El Pont de Suert
- Vía Calda. The itinerary to discover the best thermal areas of the Pyrenees: El Pont de Suert, Boí, Tredòs, Arties, Vielha and Les. In its 80 kilometers you will see churches, spas, Roman remains and even the highest hotel in Europe, the Banhs de Tredòs at 1,740 meters high.
Near Cadí Moixeró Natural Park
- Cavalls del Vent. 74-kilometer circular route that runs through spectacular landscapes such as the summits of La Tosa and Penyes Altes del Moixeró, the north face of Cadí, Pedregosa and Gisclareny mountains, or Pedraforca . It is recommended to split it in 5 to 8 stages.
- El Camí dels Bons Homes. Long mountain itinerary that cross different towns, cities and places that were used centuries ago by colonizers and evangelizers of different times. It is made up of 200 kilometers and can be covered on foot, on horseback and by bicycle.
- The Caracremada Route. It is a circular trekking of 3 to 6 days that connects the main mountains of the Pre-Pyrenees of Alt Berguedà and Alt Solsonès . Ski slopes, museums, castles, and unique fauna and flora await you along its paths.