Water activities in Lleida, the perfect plan to combine sport and fun
Getting bored in Lleida is impossible. This area offers you all kinds of water activities to spend pleasant and refreshing moments with your friends and family. Do you have a better plan?
Pre-Pyrenees and Lleida Pyrenees
One way to discover and experience the waters of the Pre-Pyrenees and the Lleida Pyrenees is by doing active tourism . Up to twenty activities and water sports can be practiced in its swamps, lakes or rivers. From rowing, canoeing with canoes or kayaks, windsurfing, kite surfing, sailing or catamaran, going through diving, sport fishing, canyoning to motor activities such as boat rides, jet skis or water skiing… There is no excuse to find the one that best suits you!
White waters: the rivers
The rivers of Lleida have all the necessary characteristics to enjoy the adrenaline of water activities. We propose the following activities:
- Canyoning. Descending through ravines, jumping down real slides and swimming in pools are some of the natural challenges that canyoning offers. In Lleida there are many areas where you can practice and discover unparalleled environments at the same time. There are ravines of different levels, duration and landscapes. Choose the one that best suits you!
- Hidrospeed. If you are one of those who prefer adrenaline to overflow, opt for the so-called water sleds . It is hydrospeed , a relatively new sport that consists of diving down the river on a board and navigating between the currents. In the rivers of Lleida some championships are organized.
- Canoeing. Getting on a canoe in the white waters of the Lleida province is a challenge for experts. Its rivers offer descents where you can find exciting rapids, zigzagging movements, and views of another planet. There are many companies that offer courses and activities in different modalities and levels.
- Rafting. The Noguera Pallaresa is one of the best rivers in Europe for practicing rafting, since going down in a rubber boat is an adventure full of life. But there are many more rivers to enjoy this water activity , choose the one that inspires you the most.
Calm waters: lakes and swamps
- Kayak. A kayak trip through the lakes and swamps of Lleida is an activity with a good dose of excitement, fun and tranquility. The province offers a great variety of spaces where you can practice it , aimed at all audiences and tastes. The waters of the Congost de Mont-Rebei and the Pantano de la Torrasa stand out.
- Family canoeing. Suitable for all ages, canoeing in calm waters is ideal for family experiences. One of the swamps that offers more opportunities for sports leisure is Sant Antoni because of its size, depth and calm waters. The Canelles swamp is also a good place for canoeing.
- Diving. Lake diving has one of its great allies in Lleida. High mountain lakes and swamps, such as those of the Lleida Pyrenees , are a perfect destination for diving and discovering the treasures hidden in the depths.
- Fishing. The nature of Lleida is full of essential corners for fishermen. Both Ribagorza, Alt Urgell or Pallars Sobirá, offer endless possibilities for fishing .
- Others. In the middle of the Pyrenees mountains, on the Noguera Pallaresa river as it passes through the Terradets and Sant Antoni reservoirs, you can practice wakeboard and the Rialp and Sant Llorenç de Montgai reservoirs are good destinations for sailing .
Each of the activities that we come up with will bring you something different in the summer days: fun, adrenaline, excitement or, simply, falling in love with unique landscapes. What matters is that you will enjoy an entertaining and different vacation where you can recharge your batteries in the middle of nature.